CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Montreal Centre for Learning Disabilities
Public Information Presentation
Assessing Government Credits and Programs: Financial Advice for Parents of Children, Teens & Young Adults with ADHD, LD and/or ASD.
(Présentation en anglais)
Évaluation des crédits et programmes gouvernementaux : Conseils financiers pour parents d’enfants, ados et jeunes adultes ayant un TDAH, trouble d’apprentissage et/ou diagnostique sur le spectre de l’autisme.
Wednesday, January 25th, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
Atwater Library 1200 Atwater (corner Tupper)
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1X4
Free for MCLD member - $5 for non-members
Speaker: Issac Hoch is the Director of Communication at Disability Financial Assistance Corporation. Once your child, teen or young adult is diagnosed with ADHD, learning disabilities or mild autism disorder, the Canada Revenue Agency will recognize these limitations on daily activities as a disability and offer the very valuable Disability Tax Credit (DTC). Issac will discuss how to access this credit, as well as other benefits and programs.
Topic: Issac will address:
• Federal/Provincial government programs that are available to families.
• Maximizing your government credits.
• Government criteria: What is considered
2017 PARENT CONFERENCE:
TOOL BOX FOR SUCCESS
Professionals & Educators Welcome!
Sunday, April 23rd, 2017
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Ruby Foo's Hotel
7655 Decarie Blvd.
Join Us to Learn Innovative ADHD, LD & Mild ASD Insights, Strategies & Tools for Home & School!
Parent Couples: $115
Registration Discount for Current MCLD Members
For more information – call (514) 482-7196 Limited
Limited Seating in Workshops:
Register Today to Secure Your Choice of Sessions
Featured Speakers & Topics:
• The Alpha Children: How to Get Back Into the Lead, – Eva de Gosztonyi M.A.
• The Ins and Outs of Executive Functions. – Marlene Desjardins Ph.D
• Parenting Adolescents with ADHD & ODD: Managing the Turbulence & More! – Dr. Abe Worenklein
• Making Sense of Sensory! – Patrick Major, Nathalie Dinelle & Sophie Plourde, Occupational Therapists
• Managing Anxiety: Practical Tools Parents Need to Know to Help their Child & Teen. – Dr. Deborah Schwartzman
• Assistive Technology for Children & Teens with Learning Disabilities: Frequently Unanswered Questions. – Jillian Budd M.A.
• In My Head & Out of My Mind. – Joey Elias, comedian A
A great start to this year’s conference! Grab a quick continental breakfast & take advantage of our exhibitors who are ready to provide you with information and guidance.
Thank You to Our Sponsor