CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Montreal Centre for Learning Disabilities Parent Support Group
Tuesday, April 4th, 2017
The Queen Elizabeth Health Complex
Daniel Siegel, neuropsychiatrist &
Tina Payne Bryson, parent consultant
Service Available to all MCLD members
Seating Limited to 25 participants
Contact Linda to reserve your spot!
2017 PARENT CONFERENCE:
TOOL BOX FOR SUCCESS
Professionals & Educators Welcome!
Guest Speaker : Joey Elias
Joey Elias started performing comedy in 1992 on open mic stages in Montreal. Since then he has performed at no less than 16 Just For Laughs Festivals. Joey has also travelled far and wide bringing his unique brand of humour to mass audiences including two trips to Afghanistan to entertain the Canadian Troops stationed there. Joey can be heard weeknights at 11pmas host of the Comedy Show on CJAD 800 in Montreal and Newstalk 100 in Toronto. "Joey is a National Treasure!" - Montreal Gazette
Sunday, April 23rd, 2017
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Ruby Foo's Hotel
7655 Decarie Blvd.
Join Us to Learn Innovative ADHD, LD & Mild ASD Insights, Strategies & Tools for Home & School!
Parent Couples: $115
Registration Discount for Current MCLD Members
For more information – call (514) 482-7196 Limited
Limited Seating in Workshops:
Register Today to Secure Your Choice of Sessions
Featured Speakers & Topics:
• The Alpha Children: How to Get Back Into the Lead, – Eva de Gosztonyi M.A.
• The Ins and Outs of Executive Functions. – Marlene Desjardins Ph.D
• Parenting Adolescents with ADHD & ODD: Managing the Turbulence & More! – Dr. Abe Worenklein
• Making Sense of Sensory! – Patrick Major, Nathalie Dinelle & Sophie Plourde, Occupational Therapists
• Managing Anxiety: Practical Tools Parents Need to Know to Help their Child & Teen. – Dr. Deborah Schwartzman
• Assistive Technology for Children & Teens with Learning Disabilities: Frequently Unanswered Questions. – Jillian Budd M.A.
• In My Head & Out of My Mind. – Joey Elias, comedian A
A great start to this year’s conference! Grab a quick continental breakfast & take advantage of our exhibitors who are ready to provide you with information and guidance.
Thank You to Our Sponsor
ANNUAL COMEDY FUNDRAISER
JOIN US FOR
AN EVENING OF FUN & LAUGHTER
FEATURING SCOTT FAULCONBRIDGE
• Date: Thursday, May 18th, 2017
• Showtime: 8:00 pm (Doors open 7:30 pm)
• Location: The Comedy Nest
• 2313 rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest (Pepsi Forum), Montreal, QC H3H 1N2
Price of Ticket: $20 also includes raffle drawings for fabulous prizes!
YOUR SUPPORT HELPS US IMPROVE
AND EXPAND OUR SERVICES & PROGRAMMING!
For more information or to purchase a ticket
Contact Pam Wener (514) 898-2503
Scott Faulconbridge was nominated for a 2009 Canadian Comedy Award as Best Male Stand up. Hilarious story telling about his family life mishaps and a quick improvisational wit have led critics to claim that he is "among the best stand-up comedians on the continent". It has also earned him regular appearances on CBC radio's wildly popular 'The Debater's', has also been seen on NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' and can be heard regularly in the U.S. On Sirius XM radio.
Scott has appeared on Showtime's 'Full Frontal Comedy', NBC's 'Friday Night Videos', CTV's 'Comedy Now' and CBC's 'Comics'. As an actor also appeared in numerous films and television shows, most notably Disney's 'The Greatest Game Ever Played' starring Shia Laboeuf and directed by Bill Paxton and In the movie 'Abandon' with Benjamin Bratt. He has performed in larger venues across North America as an opening act for Stephen Wright, Gloria Estevan, The Eagles and most recently in the national Arts Centre in Ottawa opening for Howie Mandell.
He has headlined at "The Riviera" in Vegas and has performed in Just for Laughs Festival Galas hosted by Bill Maher, Penn and Teller and the legendary Dame Edna.